Twenty-two years ago, Andrew Sullivan wrote the cover story for The New Republic, arguing for gay marriage. TNR is reprinting the original story, “Here Comes the Groom: A Conservative Case for Gay Marriage,” published in August of 1989. Sullivan takes an interesting approach (a socially conservative one) to arguing for gay marriage. Many who agree with his conclusions would probably disagree with how he got there. It’s definitely, however, this morning’s read.
…gay marriage could both avoid a lot of tortured families and create the possibility for many happier ones. It is not, in short a denial of family values. It is an extension of them.
- sergeygorshkov likes this
- frn12 likes this
- quintinas likes this
- insurance0o0 likes this
- ytirucespkimer likes this
- mnsounds reblogged this from thepoliticalnotebook
- mnsounds likes this
- jjarichardson reblogged this from thenewrepublic
- zuppadivetro reblogged this from thepoliticalnotebook and added:
- zuppadivetro likes this
- heyword likes this
- date001 likes this
- thepoliticalnotebook posted this