Why is New York City trying to hide formula from new parents?
I formula-fed my daughter, starting from the first hour of her life. I loved it. And I would do it again. Do you hear me,Mayor Bloomberg?
New York City already has an aggressive program to promote breastfeeding called Latch On NYC, and the city’s health department has convinced most hospitals to stop distributing free formula samples to new parents. But that apparently still made it possible for some mothers to bottle-feed their newborns. So starting September 3, the city will urge hospitals to put formula under lock-and-key. Parents who want to bottle-feed their infants will have to convince a nurse to sign out formula for them by giving a medical reason for every bottle. They’ll also have to endure a lecture about why they really should be breastfeeding instead.
Amy Sullivan — “The Unapologetic Case for Formula Feeding”
- autumngotdark likes this
- carry-on-all-you-wayward-sons reblogged this from vouchsafemeaword
- carry-on-all-you-wayward-sons likes this
- vouchsafemeaword reblogged this from a-more-quiet-world
- vouchsafemeaword likes this
- doitninetimes reblogged this from thenewrepublic and added:
- thenelsontwins likes this
- doitninetimes likes this
- piethalberstadt reblogged this from thenewrepublic and added:
- drfitzmonster reblogged this from thenewrepublic
- madamedevideoland reblogged this from thenewrepublic
- sequinsandcitations reblogged this from thenewrepublic
- cindyhatesmytumble likes this
- a-more-quiet-world reblogged this from thenewrepublic and added:
- magicpowerbleakness reblogged this from thenelsontwins and added:
- thenelsontwins reblogged this from thenewrepublic and added:
- thenewrepublic posted this