Can Israel trust the United States when it comes to Iran?
"Even if Barack Obama is truly the pro-Israel president his Jewish supporters claim he is, the [Lyndon] Johnson precedent tells us that it may not matter. Like Johnson, Obama presides over a nation wary of another military adventure, especially in the Middle East. According to Israeli press reports, Netanyahu intends to ask Obama to state—beyond the vaue formulation that all options are on the table—that the U.S. will use military force if Iran is about to go nuclear. But few here expect Obama to make that policy explicit."
—Yossi Klein Halevi, “Can Israel trust the United States when it comes to Iran?”
Photo courtesy of Getty Images.
- rapturehelmet likes this
- bosemaniac likes this
- surreal-life reblogged this from thenewrepublic
- newsfloozie reblogged this from thenewrepublic
- aeliencactus likes this
- saharfakhri reblogged this from genericlatino
- bubblebathosbands likes this
- matryushka likes this
- piusxijinping likes this
- joshuawitten likes this
- industrialcracks likes this
- mknmv likes this
- findingpeacewithin reblogged this from genericlatino
- hungryghoast likes this
- thenewrepublic posted this