Occupy the universities?
With the costs of a college education astonishingly high and youth job prospects incredibly dim in this economy, is going to college worth it anymore?
"The students in Zuccotti Park are right to focus on the injustices of student debt: Many of them are indentured to the very banks that destroyed the economy and along with it the jobs students need to pay their loans back. The banks were bailed out for their trouble, while students are left with debt that, thanks to financial industry lobbying, can’t be discharged in bankruptcy. Outstanding student loans in the United States are projected to reach $1 trillion this year, a larger sum than credit card debt."
Photo courtesy of Andy Wibbels.
- xzeta reblogged this from kateoplis
- xzeta likes this
- hillofwater reblogged this from entp-adviceorbust
- a-lovely-and-a-frightening likes this
- spiirit-fire likes this
- sarahlizzme likes this
- twipz likes this
- cockmaster800 reblogged this from intelligent-thot
- vzrvel likes this
- cockmaster800 likes this
- intelligent-thot reblogged this from entp-adviceorbust
- lanas-aphrontistery likes this
- entp-adviceorbust reblogged this from thenewrepublic
- harmonyofthesoul001 reblogged this from thenewrepublic
- harmonyofthesoul001 likes this
- masteryoda666 reblogged this from thenewrepublic and added:
- college-surfing reblogged this from ilovecharts
- college-surfing likes this
- beaujo6 reblogged this from kateoplis and added:
- free-photo-editor--software reblogged this from thenewrepublic
- natural--swimming--pools reblogged this from thenewrepublic
- spleno--megaly reblogged this from thenewrepublic
- seo---charlotte reblogged this from thenewrepublic
- yamunanagar-yellow-pages reblogged this from thenewrepublic
- thenewrepublic posted this