Occupy the universities?
With the costs of a college education astonishingly high and youth job prospects incredibly dim in this economy, is going to college worth it anymore?
“The students in Zuccotti Park are right to focus on the injustices of student debt: Many of them are indentured to the very banks that destroyed the economy and along with it the jobs students need to pay their loans back. The banks were bailed out for their trouble, while students are left with debt that, thanks to financial industry lobbying, can’t be discharged in bankruptcy. Outstanding student loans in the United States are projected to reach $1 trillion this year, a larger sum than credit card debt.”
Photo courtesy of Andy Wibbels.
- college-surfing reblogged this from ilovecharts
- college-surfing likes this
- beaujo reblogged this from kateoplis and added:
- free-photo-editor--software reblogged this from thenewrepublic
- natural--swimming--pools reblogged this from thenewrepublic
- spleno--megaly reblogged this from thenewrepublic
- seo---charlotte reblogged this from thenewrepublic
- yamunanagar-yellow-pages reblogged this from thenewrepublic
- This was featured in #Education
- This was featured in #Politics
- This was featured in #News
- thenewrepublic posted this