How does the United States rank globally in terms of abortion laws?
The numbers may change soon, when the state of Mississippi decides on abortion in the upcoming November election, when the state votes on Initiative 26. Proponents of the bill call it the “Personhood Amendment.”
"The courts probably wouldn’t let such a law stand. Plus there’s always the possibility that such a restrictive measure could backfire on its supporters politically. Even in Mississippi, a state where opposition to abortion is notoriously high, I suspect most voters will get antsy about laws that curtail access to birth control. But the mere appearance of the initiative is a sign of the times — and, from my perspective, not an encouraging one."
- Jonathan Cohn, “Mississippi v. Birth Control”
Photo courtesy of Good.
- helen-elizabeth-gardner reblogged this from canisfamiliaris
- bonedust reblogged this from canisfamiliaris
- eleanorguide reblogged this from thenewrepublic
- awesomeocelot reblogged this from thenewrepublic
- femme-ministry reblogged this from thenewrepublic and added:
- dendroica likes this
- silas216 reblogged this from thenewrepublic
- silas216 likes this
- newsfloozie reblogged this from thenewrepublic
- 19-64 likes this
- newsideaclip likes this
- eaglespirits likes this
- hgprime likes this
- princess-being reblogged this from thenewrepublic
- daughter-of-din reblogged this from cerebral-super-villain
- mylightistooslight reblogged this from superherosahara
- thenewrepublic posted this