Herman Cain compares Social Security to slavery.
In a weekly commentary for his company “T*H*E New Voice, Inc.” Cain writes that “the system by its very nature discriminates against black men and women” and Democratic black leaders want to see “the next generation of blacks remain in economic slavery on the Democratic plantation.”
Cain’s over the top rhetoric suggests that he shares Rick Perry’s belief that Social Security is unconstitutional, but his claims are also wildly inaccurate.
Read Walter Shapiro’s analysis of Herman Cain’s rising poll numbers in “Yes, the GOP Just Might Nominate a Candidate Patently Unqualified to be President.”
Courtesy of Think Progress.
- joshuawitten likes this
- newsfloozie reblogged this from thenewrepublic
- yuriirigaray likes this
- mostlypolitical reblogged this from thenewrepublic and added:
- hasardheureux likes this
- allmydreamslostatsea reblogged this from ramoorebooks
- indigodreams likes this
- kelshakiss likes this
- shmaroline likes this
- standardreview reblogged this from thenewrepublic and added:
- midwest-lotus reblogged this from thenewrepublic
- thenewrepublic posted this