U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement Director John Morton said Tuesday his agency deported nearly 400,000 individuals during the fiscal year 2011. The numbers were the largest reported in the agency’s history.
For an investigative look at ICE’s frightening immigration policies, read TNR Reporter-Researcher Nathan Pippenger’s series on immigration, addressing the question: why are undocumented immigrants that the administration says it intends to help stay in this country still facing deportation?
Also, is immigration Rick Perry’s Achilles’ heel?
Photo courtesy of the Los Angeles Times
- thirstforsalt reblogged this from thenewrepublic and added:
- thepolitics reblogged this from thenewrepublic and added:
- bookbydazzlingbook likes this
- newsfloozie reblogged this from thenewrepublic
- joshsternberg likes this
- thenewrepublic posted this