After five years of negotiations, Hamas and Israeli leaders agreed to release Israeli Staff Sergeant Gilad Schalit in exchange for more than 1,000 Palestinian prisoners.
TNR presents a slideshow documenting some of the most significant prisoner of war exchanges in recent history.
Photo courtesy of CF13News.
- beccagrumet reblogged this from thenewrepublic
- thenelsontwins reblogged this from thenewrepublic
- ler-ual likes this
- woe-begone reblogged this from a-revolutionary-suicide and added:
- a-revolutionary-suicide reblogged this from theyoungradical
- theyoungradical likes this
- joshsternberg likes this
- thenewrepublic posted this